Current open positions:
Extended Care Provider
Swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm is seeking a Part-Time Extended Care Provider. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, be supportive, well organized and have previous experience working with children. Applicant must have, or be willing to obtain, First Aid/CPR certification. Hours are 7:15-8:45am and 3:15-5:45 pm, Tuesdays through Fridays. Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
To apply for this position please send your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Swallowtail School
- Swallowtail School was founded in 1995.
- We are a small environmental school located in Hillsboro, OR, a short drive or public transportation ride to downtown Portland.
- We are a developing Waldorf school recognized through AWSNA.
- We serve Early Childhood through Grade Eight.
- Swallowtail school is self-administered, with a dedicated Faculty, Administration, Board of Trustees, and parent body.
- Our grades curriculum includes Spanish, Music, Art, Handwork, Gardening, Cooking, blocks of German, Eurythmy, Circus Arts, and Spacial Dynamics.
The school owns 26 acres of land on the edge of Hillsboro. We will build our permanent home there soon, as it meets the rural vision Swallowtail has held since it's beginning. It includes an old farmhouse and barn, a sweeping expanse of productive farmland, a beautiful yurt, and a meandering creek. The school community is actively working together to design and create our facilities. The campus master plan includes spacious classrooms, administrative offices, a large community room, a biodynamic garden, farm animals, multiple play areas, and the great outdoors!